Welcome to ST. PETERS DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY
Reaching the Unreached and Underreached to Transform the impoverished lives
ST. PETERS DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (SPDS) is a secular, grass root Non-Governmental, Non-Profit, and Non-Partisan, humanitarian, Registered Socio-Development Organization.
It is formed to create and promote developmental activities for Vulnerable, Resourceless, Marginalized Communities- Dalit’s and Tribal’s, and Economically Backward, as well as other Weaker Sections of the Society with Sustainable Developmental Activities, to enhance their socio-economic status.
It formed and progressed to uplift Rural, Tribal and Urban inhabitants-Women, Youth, Girls, Children, Persons with Disabilities (PWDs), People Living with HIV (PLHIV), People Affected by Leprosy (PALs). We also provide Shelter home for the needy, abandoned, aged persons and orphans, irrespective of Caste, Gender, Ethnicity, Culture, Religion and Color.
Vision: To work towards the protraction of Human Resources development and to break the vicious cycle of poverty, social isolation, and to restore hope for a better futurefor all people to live in Peace, Harmony, Dignity, Prosper and Security.
Mission:To transform our society by building conscious and capable citizens providing comprehensive, integrated, practical realization and sustainable social development initiatives, by protecting vulnerable and risky population of our communities in the society.
We are a professionally managed, forward looking, catalyst organization that designs & delivers customized, innovative and self-sustaining development programs which are replicable and create social impact.
ST. PETERS DEVELOPMENT SOCIETY (SPDS) is founder and President, Mr. Bhaskar Reddy Basani, was admired and inspired by Saint Mother Teresa’s Charitable works for human development. This led to start the organization with a thought that “Not all of us can do great things. But we can do small things with great Love”, adding to that he was determined and expressed that “Great things can be achieved by all TOGETHER” to reach the unreached and under reached impoverished, disadvantaged, marginalized communities of our society.
Since, 1999 we had been working for the upliftment of the poor, downtrodden, vulnerable, marginalized communities of the society. Over these years we have been at the forefront of addressing the problems that arise in society and have been giving solutions to the people for better living. Some of our few successful projects are;
1. Drilled 205 Bore Wells for Drinking Water, fitted with hand pump for inhabitants of unreached rural villages of the country. The project was supported by “Water of Life Initiative – USA” through their Nodal Agency and other donors.
2. Conducted 12 Medical and Health Camps in the remote unreached villages of Nagaram and Tirumalagiri Mandals, Suryapet District, Telangana State, India, supported by Medical Association of Suryapet District.
3. Providing Adult Literacy to 1350 illiterate Labours of 45 villages of Suryapet District villages of Telangana, supported by Literacy India Trust, Chennai.
4. Provided Skill Trainings to 300 students in Computer Education and 300 in Dress Designing, Cutting and Tailoring with the Organization and Family Members Support.
5. Trained 100 small and Marginalized Agriculture Farmers in NPM Methods and Organic Farming.
6. Mobility to the immobile PWDs- Free Distribution of 400 Wheel Chairs to Differently Abled Persons with the support of “Free Wheel Chair Mission”.
7. Environmental Awareness
8. Poverty and Hunger Eradication Program
9. Women Legal Awareness Program
10. Child Labour Eradication, and their Welfare and Rights
11. Providing Food, Clothes, Shelter to the 60 Orphans and Elderly Persons at our care home in Phanigiri Village, Suryapet District with local Individual Donor Support
12. Emergency Relief to 300 families, every month for 6 months, by providing Dry Ration with the local Individual donations and Organization’s budget.